Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How to start...

I talked about starting a relationship with Jesus rather than just relying on him to comfort me in trouble times, and to be there to guide me through stress and tough times. So, how do I do this? How do you start up a friendship with someone, or conversation. Rumor has it, I would talk to a wall if it was just me there! This is a true statement. I like to talk. Also, I am very much the class clown. That is good sometimes and bad for obvious reasons sometimes. How do I approach him? How do I start up a conversation? I would probably start with a joke, but how do you start with a joke that he doesn't already know the punch line too? Hey, have you heard the one about the.....

It would be tough. But, I think the biggest part would be to start the conversation. He wants to talk. He wants to start a friendship with me. He is just waiting.... He will be there to comfort me, and to help me in tough times, but he wants more. So do I, but it is a two way street. He has done more than his share, now it is time for me to do mine.

How does this relate to coaching? Every year I am going to have new athletes come into my program. I would like to have a relationship with each of those players. Each of those relationships are going to be different. Some good, some bad, some closer than others. The point is I am going to have to reach out first, then it will develop from there. After that it will be a give and take, adversity and good times. All those things are going to affect the relationship.

Jesus is my coach in this program. He has reached out and now it is my turn to develop a relationship with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment