Monday, January 25, 2010

Good talk

So, now I know not only does he listen, he speaks too. I think there are several ways to have a conversation with Jesus. Through meditation, reading, prayer, etc... I have been looking for those ways that will give me the best conversation with him. I am sure that each of those ways and others will allow me to have great communication with him. This weekend, I got my first response.
We had an FCA breakfast for teams at the basketball tournament in Colby. They had been looking for a speaker for sometime, and were running into road block after road block in getting people to speak. They found a speaker by the name of Gary Green. He was a football player for Kansas University, and became an ordained minister in October. As I sat down to listen to him I was amazed at the age of Gary and how well he was able to talk to this crowd of people. Then I listened.... As he talked, I heard the conversation with Jesus. Now, I am sure that I was not alone in understanding how good his message was and how important the things he was saying could help in life. I just know as he talked, I had my conversation. Jesus was talking, and I was listening. A guy who I had never met before, who was talking to a large audience..... I was getting a response to questions I had asked and thought about these last 3 or 4 weeks. I was getting advice from a friend. I was tuned in to everything he was saying. After he spoke I went down to him to thank him for coming and for his message.... Really, I just wanted to thank him for the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment